HTC: November 19, 2006 Shownotes
Today’s podcast is the hip tranquil chick book e-launch, topped of with a pose of the podcast, insights on upcoming events, and groovy podsafe music! Watch for upcoming episodes on numerous things hip and tranquil namely a deep discussion from each of the book’s 12 chapters and more!
Components of the evening included:
- Passed Hors d’oeuvres, French pastries, cheese display
- Cash Bar with signature drink Tranquilitinis (lavender infused martinis with sugar rims)
- Book and CD sales (a portion of ALL sales will go to the Tranquil Space Foundation)
- Silent Auction with proceeds for the Foundation
- Book reading and brief talk by Kimberly and Lauren
- Tranquil Space Foundation Chari-Tea Tea Station
- Book signing area
- French, jazz, and chill lounge music
- Doors open
- Book & CD sales begin
- Bar opens
- Music starts
- Silent auction opens
- Guests arrive, pass out gift bags to first 50 arrivals
7:00 – 7:45 pm
- Guests mingle and eat
- Passed hors d’oeuvres begin
7:45 – 8:00 pm
- Lauren spoke about TS Foundation
- Kimberly book reading
- Book signing
- Louis calms down
- 1 TranquiliT circle skirt and scarf
- 1 Tranquil Space 20 Class Pass
- 1 Kimpton Boutique Hotel Weekend Stay
- 1 CakeLove Cake
- 1 “Tea for 2” gift certificate from Teaism
- 1 Hour mentoring session with Kimberly Wilson
- 1 Thai Yoga Bodywork Session by Anne Thiel
- 1 Purse from LeMair Handcrafts
- 1 Massage from Erin McCleary
- 1 Hip Tranquil Chick Crystal Tee
50 Goody Bags Included:
- Leopard print scarf (Chapter 10 Signature Style)
- Colored pencils tied with leopard print ribbon (Chapter 6 Creativity)
- Free class pass (Chapter 1-3 Yoga)
- Tranquil Space magnet
- Bath salts and organic body products (Chapter 5 Self-care)
- Tea lights in organza bag (Chapter 11 on Soulful Surroundings)
- Bath samples
- Postcards on event planning, healthy living, and more
- Nag Champa tied with leopard print ribbon
- Pink fortune cookies filled with hip and tranquil messages
Pose of the Podcast: Alternate Nostril Breathing
Haute Stuff Shoppe: Shop online for the book, CD, leopard print scarf, or crystal tee.
Soirees, Chats & Booksignings & Retreats: The step-by-step scoop for hosting a Hip Tranquil Chick Signature ChariTea Soiree is up! The downloadable PDF has discussion tips, a toolkit, yoga sequences, recipes, and more! Send photos from your soiree and, if you’re local, I’d love to swing by!
More upcoming events in DC, North Carolina, and Colorado!
Escape with me to our first HTC retreat in upstate NY for June 2007. Details at hiptranquilchick.com.
Au Revoir: Share your hip tranquil chickness with me, request show ideas, or pass along feedback by e-mailing me at email@example.com or leaving a love note in the comments section of hiptranquilchick.com/blog. A reminder that we’re on MySpace and Frappr, so please connect with the community virtually there, too!
Have a burning question that you’d like hip and tranquil feedback on? E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org to have it featured and answered in our dear hip tranquil chick segment!
To close out the show, we’re playing podsafe music—by new and independent artists from the Podsafe Music Network. Today’s selection is How Things Have Changed by Ella Blame. You can learn more this week’s featured artist, including how to get more of her music, at ella-blame.com.
Thanks for celebrating the 58th edition of the Hip Tranquil Chick podcast with me! Namaste.
- You don’t need an iPod to listen to the podcast! Click here to listen to any episode!
- New to podcasting? Get more info at Yahoo Podcasts.
- Do you have iTunes? Click here and subscribe to the podcast. You’ll automatically get the latest edition as soon as it’s available.
- Do you use another podcatcher? Use this link for the podcast RSS feed.