The Bee Cottage Story with Frances Schultz. We talk about her House Beautiful magazine series on the makeover of her house, Bee Cottage, that turned into a book, what she learned and how she changed during this emotional process.
Direct download: Tranquility du Jour #392: The Bee Cottage Story
Writer, artist, traveler, and tastemaker, Frances Schultz is a contributing editor for House Beautiful magazine and writes also Veranda,Indagare, The Wall Street Journal and others. Former on-air host of the cable show Southern Living Presents, She is author and co-author of several books on design and entertaining. Her latest, The Bee Cottage Story—How I Made a Muddle of Things and Decorated My Way Back to Happiness is now in its sixth printing.
Frances was the 2015 recipient of the Horticultural Society of New York’s Award of Excellence and was named one of the Southeastern Horticultural Society’s Visionaries of Design. She is on the boards of the Horticultural Society of New York and of Empowers Africa. A North Carolina native and UVa graduate, she lives with her husband Tom Dittmer on a ranch in Los Olivos, California, with frequent forays to New York and East Hampton. You can follow her at FrancesSchultz.com.
photo by Trevor Tondro
Tranquility du Jour
Mentioned in the Podcast
- Eye candy on Instagram
- Pin along with me on Pinterest
- Let’s connect on Facebook
- Follow moi on Twitter
- Watch via YouTube
Tranquility Tips + Tools
- Browse my 5 Books
- New to Tranquility du Jour? Peruse the FAQs
- Tranquility-filled E-courses
- Download the Tranquility du Jour Podcast App: iPhone and Android
- Shop slow locally-made, eco-friendly fashion: TranquiliT
- Sign up for bi-monthly Love Notes and access Tranquil Treasures
- Read about my passion for animals
- To listen, click on the player at the top of the post or click here to listen to older episodes.
- New to podcasting? Get more info at Podcast 411.
- Do you have iTunes? Click here and subscribe to the podcast to get the latest episode as released.
- Get the Tranquility du Jour apps to download the podcast “automagically” on iOS or Android.