Welcome to the 199th edition of Tranquility du Jour: A Guide to Bringing Tranquility to your Every Day. Today’s show features upcOMing happenings and musings on our 168 hours with Laura Vanderkam.
Ooh la la: NEW Tranquility du Jour iPhone app
Workshops + Retreats: Consider joining moi for:
* our seasonal Tranquilology Teleclass on Monday, September 20
* my latest e-course The Tranquility Project launches September 22
* a Tranquilista book event in NYC (deets to cOMe)
* Tranquil Space Foundation’s 4th Annual Celebration on Thursday, October 14
* a Yoga Retreat in India November 12-21
* a “New Year, New You Urban Retreat” in DC on January 8, 2011
* 2 workshops at Montreal’s Centre Luna Yoga on April 9, 2011
* a “Yoga, Creativity + Tranquility Lifestyle Retreat” at a Farmhouse in NY October 14-16, 2011. All the details here.
Featured Tranquilista: LAURA VANDERKAM, a New York City-based journalist, is the author of 168 Hours: You Have More Time Than You Think (Portfolio, 2010) and Grindhopping: Build a Rewarding Career without Paying Your Dues (McGraw-Hill, 2007). She is a member of USA Today’s Board of Contributors, and her work has also appeared in the Wall Street Journal, City Journal, Scientific American, Reader’s Digest, Reason, and other publications. She specializes in translating complex economic, policy or scientific ideas into readable prose, and making people say “I never thought of it that way before.” A 2001 graduate of Princeton, she enjoys writing fiction, running, and singing soprano with the Young New Yorkers’ Chorus, an organization for which she served, until recently, as president, and which specializes in commissioning new music from composers under age 35. She lives with her husband and two young boys.
1. Explore your use of 168 hours. Where are they going?
Signature Style: TranquiliT is a line of layers in rayon made from organic bamboo. Locally sewn with 150 trees planted each month. Featured piece: hoodie. J’adore fall. Top with tall boots, arm warmers, leg warmers, scarves = yummy!
Stay Au Courant:
Let’s be Facebook friends.
Follow moi on Twitter for daily sprinkles of tranquility.
Watch Tranquility du Jour TV.
Browse Hip Tranquil Chick and Tranquilista.
Join the Tranquility du Jour museletter.
Connect on our Facebook group.
Join Tranquilista’s like page.
– You don’t need an iPod to listen to the podcast! Click on the player at the top of the post or click here to listen to older episodes
– New to podcasting? Get more info at Podcast Alley
– Do you have iTunes? Click here and subscribe to the podcast. You’ll automatically get the latest edition as soon as it’s available
– Do you use another podcatcher? Use this link for the podcast RSS feed.
– Interested in starting a podcast for yourself, your organization or your business?
Check out nineball media.