MeatLess with Kristie Middleton. We discuss how eating less meat benefits you, the environment, and the animals, the psychology of change and why it’s so hard, and ways to align our plates with our values.
Direct download: Tranquility du Jour #394: MeatLess
Kristie Middleton is senior food policy director for The Humane Society of the United States and the author of MeatLess: Transform the Way You Eat and Live—One Meal at a Time. She’s a sought-after speaker and thought leader on the topic.
Middleton has partnered with the nation’s biggest school districts including Los Angeles, Detroit, and Boston to implement plant-based initiatives such as Meatless Monday. Her work has been covered by national media, including The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, and CNN.
She holds certificate in plant-based nutrition from T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies.
Part exposé, part lifestyle book, with stories and over 60 recipes, MeatLess presents scientific and nutritional research along with real-life examples in a compelling and relatable style to help guide readers on their journey to reduce meat and eat more plant-based foods. It offers a concise, practical, and realistic approach to enjoying healthier, meat-free meals on each reader’s own terms.
Tranquility du Jour
- Eye candy on Instagram
- Pin along with me on Pinterest
- Let’s connect on Facebook
- Follow moi on Twitter
- Watch via YouTube
Tranquility Tips + Tools
- Shop slow locally-made, eco-friendly fashion: TranquiliT
- Browse my 5 Books
- New to Tranquility du Jour? Peruse the FAQs
- Tranquility-filled E-courses
- Download the Tranquility du Jour Podcast App: iPhone and Android
- Sign up for bi-monthly Love Notes and access Tranquil Treasures
- Read about my passion for animals
- To listen, click on the player at the top of the post or click here to listen to older episodes.
- New to podcasting? Get more info at Podcast 411.
- Do you have iTunes? Click here and subscribe to the podcast to get the latest episode as released.
- Get the Tranquility du Jour apps to download the podcast “automagically” on iOS or Android.